WEEK 1: Heaven’s Help
July 14, 2016
The Ten Tools of Fatherhood: The Last Four Tools and “Special Situations”
To be the best earthly father you can be, you need help from the ultimate father. (p. 163)
Mark 14:36 “And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you.””
- What comes to mind when you hear someone refer to God as your “heavenly Father”? Does this have positive or negative connotations?
- If you don’t know God as your Heavenly Father, what questions do you have about Him? What stands between you and God?
Read Isaiah 64:8 – But, now, O Lord, you are our Father, we are the clay, you are the potter; we are the work of your hand.
How do you think your concept of God as your Heavenly Father lines up with what the Bible says about what God is like?
- How can a close relationship with God help you to be a better dad?
- How can studying the Bible help you get to know God better and learn from Jesus’s example?
- What would you like your relationship with God to be like?
- If you know God as your Heavenly Father, where in your role as a dad do you need His help? If you are not seeking God now, will you consider checking it out?
- How would praying for your wife and children affect the way you relate to them?
- As a father protecting your family, how can you combat the evil that tries to undermine and destroy your relationship?
- If you didn’t have an earthly father who provided a healthy example for you to follow, how can knowing your Heavenly Father fill that need in your life?