WEEK 3: The Power of a “Noble Family Vision”, part I
July 14, 2016
Fatherhood: The Journey Of A Lifetime
THE POWER OF A “NOBLE FAMILY VISION”
- What would you consider to be some of the most important things in your life?
Read Luke 1:17 (cf. Malachi 4:6)
“And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous – to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
- Is your heart currently turned toward your children?
- Are your children’s hearts turned toward you as their father?
- In broad brush strokes, what do want your family to look like in 5 years, 10 years and 20 years?
- Consider Joshua’s desire for his family in Joshua 24:15 “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” How can you incorporate Joshua’s vision into your 21st century life.
This week, spend at least an hour or two devising a preliminary Noble Family Vision for your family. Areas to consider would be health, professional, spiritual, relational and intellectual.