WEEK 5: Empowering Servant Leadership
July 14, 2016
The Ten Tools of Fatherhood: The First Six Tools
EMPOWERING SERVANT LEADERSHIP
Empowering your wife and children by putting their needs above your own will yield rich benefits today … and for generations to come. This is the essence of great fatherhood. (p. 133)
- Do the words “servant leadership” seem contradictory to you? How do you understand this concept?
- Why is servant leadership empowering to others? What does it empower them to do and be?
- What makes this style of leading so difficult?
- What typifies your leadership style at home?
Read Mark 10:45 – “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.”
Read Luke 9:23 – “Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”
How can learning more about Jesus’ sacrificial giving help you to be a better servant leader?
- What small acts of service mean the most to your wife? How can serving her in those ways strengthen your relationship?
Optional Additional Questions For Week 5:
Read 1 Timothy 3:4-5 – “He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)
- How can being a servant leader with your kids help you be successful in disciplining and praising them?
- How can your example impact their lives?
- How does unselfishly serving your family free you to be a better dad and husband?