WEEK 5: Special Situations
July 14, 2016
The Ten Tools of Fatherhood: The Last Four Tools and “Special Situations”
Being The Best Single Dad You Can Be
As a single dad, you are still irreplaceable in your children’s lives – and always will be. Don’t ever forget that … and don’t let them forget you. (p. 227)
- How would you respond to the statement “No matter what the situation, your kids still need you – and you are still their dad.” (p.228)?
- If you are a widower, what changes might you need to make to invest extra time with your kids?
What impact does it have to know that God has special concern for those who have lost a spouse? How can God be a source of strength (see Joshua 1)?
How To Handle Life’s Beanballs
Life is not easy or predictable for anyone, ever. What you decide to do when life throws you these beanballs will determine your success as a father. (p. 241)
- How can a difficult situation be a learning opportunity? Share an example from your experience?
- What impact can growing through adversity have on your family and your ability to handle the next tough situation?
- What are the consequences of not learning from difficulties? How can this affect your relationships, character and attitude?
Other Additional Questions for Week 5
- If you are estranged from your children, what are the consequences of giving up your relationship with them?
- What are some healthy steps you can take to initiate a relationship with your kids if there is an emotional distance between you?
- Why is it important to take this process one step at a time?
- If you are divorced/separated/annulled, how can the way you treat the mother of your children impact their future? How can it impact your relationship with them?