WEEK 5: The Ten Tools of Fatherhood, overview, part I
July 14, 2016
Fatherhood: The Journey Of A Lifetime
THE TEN TOOLS OF FATHERHOOD,
Overview Part I
Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
Hear, O Israel: The Lord your God is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them o the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
What does God want from the generations of His people?
- According to verses 4-9, what is God’s foundational commandment to fathers regarding their children?
- Every family is different in personality, background and activities. Despite differences of circumstance, what should mark every family that seeks to follow God?
- How are you incorporating God’s commandment in your fathering?
- If your heart is not aligned with God’s directive to you as a father, take time to pray and ask God to change your heart and give you His vision for your goals for your family.
- Think of ways to start living by Deuteronomy 6 with your family.