An Attitude of Thankful Acceptance
November 28, 2017
An Attitude Of Thankful Acceptance
Job said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.
“The magic of a thankful spirit is that it has the power to replace...
- anger with love,
- resentment with happiness,
- fear with faith,
- worry with peace,
- the desire to dominate with the wish to play on a team,
- self-preoccupation with concern for the needs of others,
- guilt with an open door to forgiveness,
- sexual impurity with honour and respect,
- jealousy with joy at another’s success,
- lack of creativity with inspired productivity,
- inferiorities with dignity,
- a lack of love with an abundance of self-sharing.”
Prayer for the day:
Lord, I come to you with a heart of thanksgiving and praise for all you have done for me. Thank you for being there always to stand with me, strengthen me and provide for my needs. The enemy’s plan to shame the righteous is defeated as my mouth is filled with your praise and honour all day long. Convict me whenever I complain or compare myself with others. Give me Your attitude of humility and thankful acceptance. Like Job, he was steadfast, unmovable and faithful to you in every circumstance. I choose to continually offer You a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that give praise to Your name. I know that so many things are accomplished through prayer. I am thankful that you hear and answer my prayer. You are my good and loving Father whose mercy is everlasting and your truth endure to all generations. I praise you and thank you In Jesus’ majestic name, Amen.